Position: Senior Associate or Vice President – Portfolio Management & Underwriting
Location: White Plains, NY
Reports to: Managing Director/Lead Underwriter.
Summary: The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, learn quickly, have solid communication and computer skills, and enjoy working in an informal, entrepreneurial environment. Work out of the firm’s White Plains, NY office under the direct supervision of the Lead Underwriter to underwrite and manage a growing portfolio of secured loans and leases. Strong growth potential with the ability to assume greater responsibility.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support Lead Underwriter in the underwriting, due diligence, execution, and management of new transactions.
- Manage the transaction closing process including documentation flows, closing statement checklists, and closing wires.
- Manage the maintenance of timely and accurate credit and collateral files.
- Manage and monitors all lessee/borrower payments including the establishment and maintenance of ACH payments and wires.
- Perform collateral reconciliations, such as tying collateral lists to source documentation, appraisals,
bills of sale, invoices, titles, etc.
- Manage documentation flows and due diligence requests with borrowers and various third parties (e.g., appraisers/inspectors, attorneys, title services, insurance brokers, tax consultants, etc.).
- Prepare, manage, and maintain portfolio management reports and supports ad hoc management requests.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university.
- Four (4) or more years of experience in an underwriting, portfolio management or operational role.
- Preferred role with a bank, commercial finance company, equipment leasing, or asset-based lender.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
What We Offer:
- Excellent work-life balance, potential for flexible work schedules, great paid time off
- Casual work environment
- Medical/dental/401k/other benefits
- Compensation determined based on experience